- My 17 year old daughter (Breanna) is in love with a broom – yes a real broom.
- My 11 year old daughter (Paige) is a singing tree. HONK!
- There really is such a thing as Velocity Learning and it is awesome
- Make no mistake – before having children, make sure you live in the right school district OR save to afford private school OR homeschool. A lesson no one taught me and I pay for my ill-planning in this area on a regular basis.
- School administrators are too busy to listen, observe and care. They only have time to hear, see and react.
- Guilty. I am reading a book that was chosen by Oprah. Eckhart Tolle’s A New Earth…and loving it.
- The Daily Plate has ruined me. I can no longer put anything into my mouth without thinking about it.
- I believe that God is working in Breanna’s life without her realizing it. It is the only explanation for her relationships and the people that are drawn to her. Because she will care about them without judgement and accept them where they are but refuse to let them stay there. That is how she is made. Acceptance first. She will be a friend for as long as someone will allow her to be. Unfortunately, she is still honing her skills and sometimes teenagers can not handle brutal honesty.
- Kids can only take so much, they are still just kids.
- Some parents need to learn that to a child/teenager feeling accepted is as important to them as feeling loved.
- If you think your child needs counseling, the reality is…you might need it first and then see what changes.
- Love well.
Published by dawnlovitt
View all posts by dawnlovitt